TCBOTB Template

Saturday 2 February 2013

New Heights

Good afternoon,

It's been not too bad a day today, dry and almost Springlike!

It was with much sadness that I made today's offering.  Iona's teacher left on Friday to take up a temporary post as Acting Head Teacher at another Primary School.  She really is a super teacher and we wish her luck in her new post but she will be missed!  As she is a crafter herself I wanted to make her a card to wish her well.  Iona and I also gave her some Art Journalling goodies as she is taking part in a workshop soon.

 
 
The stamp I've used is appropriately called New Heights.  I've had it in my stash for a while thinking it would be a good one for using at the end of the school year.  I've coloured it with Promarkers and mat it on to a die cut circle inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  The sentiment is by LOTV and it has also been inked, it is layered on to a Spellbinders lacey circle die cut.  The paper is a Portobello Road 12x12 cut down and as time was short I've kept the embellies simple with x-cut die cut stars and some pearls.
 
In other news I'm happy to report that my workplace raised over £210 for British Heart Foundation at our Rock Up In Red Day on Thursday.  I'm amazed we made that much.  We all paid £1 to wear something red and as well as my cards we had a cake stall, second hand books, bric a brac, guess the bear's name, etc.
 
Bye for now,
Shona x

2 comments:

  1. Well done of raising so much dosh, but your cards would sell as they are always so lovely, of course folk would want to buy them.

    This is a lovely card and I'm sure iona's teacher will love it. Enjoy your weekend, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card for a sad occasion - I know I'd be gutted if my girls teacher left - its so important to get a good one isn't it? Well done on your fundraiser too Shona - that's really fantastic news xx

    ReplyDelete