TCBOTB Template

Friday 24 May 2013

Christmas Huskies

Good evening,

Well it's been quite a busy fortnight since my last post and I must apologise for not leaving comments on the blogs I follow and for not welcoming my new followers!  First we had Iona's competition in Glasgow (They came fourth in their group which sounds good but there were only four teams in their group lol.  However, they danced very well but the other teams were just so good.  None the less they got a cracking trophy to take home).  Then my Aunt got home from hospital yesterday, so the last few days have been a whirlwind of phone calls and home visits to make sure everything was in place for her.  She is settling back into home life really well after almost 6 months in hospital and remarkably is still able to do most things for herself.

So on to my card, I've been trying hard to keep up with the current round of the A-Z colour challenge over at Docrafts.  We are on letter D and this fortnight's colours were Denim Blue and Daffodil Yellow.  As you can see I've gone for the blue option...

 
 
The topper is one by Mo Manning from Wee Stamps.  I love this 'Eskimo Kisses' range and sadly I think there's now only 2 toppers left.  The papers are Kanban ones that came free with a magazine which I've layered with indigo linen effect paper, and the sentiment stamp is another freebie.  The card is finished off with pearls, spotty organza ribbon and twine topped with a 'Special Delivery' fabric covered brad from Trimcraft.
 
 
I'm hoping now that hospital visits are well and truly off the agenda and my Aunt settles more that I'll have more time to devote to my card making again, so watch this space...
 
Shona xx
 
I would like to enter my card into the following challenge:
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Shona, I just adore that topper, you have created a beautiful card. Good luck with your challenge.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shona, welcome back. So pleased your aunt is home and settling in well, what a long time to be in hospital. And well done Iona, the experience of taking part would be good.

    Love your card, what a gorgeous image and colours, the design is great. Good luck with the challenge, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so good to see you back in the land of blog shona - sounds like you've been very busy. so glad your auntie is finally out of hospital - love your card too - the image is just so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - do like the colours! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete