TCBOTB Template

Monday 17 June 2013

Something a Bit Different!

Good evening,

Tonight's card is something a little different.  I would love to be able to take credit for the design but it's one that I saw in Quick Cards Made Easy last October and is by Jane Millard.  I loved it as soon as I saw it and when I was thinking of what to make for my sister-in-law's birthday it sprung to mind immediately as the design is quite eclectic with all the different patterned papers and Audrey, my SIL is a very eclectic person, with a huge variety of interests and especially her taste in music!




I started by drawing the sunburst design on a 14x14cm piece of card, I then cut out the pieces and used them as templates to cut out the patterned papers.  The papers are all My Minds Eye Quite Contrary and were a magazine freebie stack a while back when I first started getting into papercraft!  It felt a bit like sacrilege cutting up such beautiful papers into small pieces but I knew they would give a lovely finished effect.  I inked all the paper edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and glued the pieces on to another 14x14cm piece of card which I then mounted on a square of kraft card.  I've also used kraft card for the butterflies, which were made using an Embosslits die from Stampin' Up, and for the scalloped circle.  I've added some faux stitching to the paper circle and a stamped sentiment, some ready made ribbon flowers and a handmade ric-rac flower.  I've also added various gems to finish off the butterflies.  I hope I've done Jane's design justice, I certainly had fun making it!

Shona xx





2 comments:

  1. Oooh this looks beautiful Shona, such a pretty selection of papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous shona - love it to bits - such a pretty idea - will be pinching this one - the challenge at cardmania this fortnight is kraft if thats any use to you!!! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete