TCBOTB Template

Monday 8 December 2014

Cutie Pie DT Project - Anything But A Card


Good morning!

This is a scheduled post so I can't tell you what the weather's like today but yesterday we had our first snow of the season.  Nothing really to speak of just a few wee flurries and nothing lying but it came none the less!  It's a working day for me today hence the scheduling, 2 whole and 2 half days this week.  Apart from work I've got a lot on this week and I know it's going to be busy busy busy!  Kicking off tonight with daughter Iona's Christmas Carol Sing-a-long at Girl's Brigade.

Anyway enough personal waffle lol.  On to my DT project.  This month's theme for the Cutie Pie Challenge is Anything But A Card (and also, as always, your project must have a cute image).  We would love you to join us as we have some fabulous prizes from our sponsors Bugaboo and Flourish With A Bling.




I've stepped out of my comfort zone a little bit for this one and made an altered heart shaped box for my daughter Iona.  Bugaboo very kindly gave the DT some digis to work with so I chose Cheerleader Girl as Iona does Cheerleading as well as other types of dance.  I thought the box would be ideal for holding her growing collection of cheer bows!




I bought a plain box from Hobbycraft then gave it 2 coats of Artiste acrylic paint inside and out.  I then added strips of patterned paper to the sides and a heart shaped piece to the top.  The paper on the top is by Stampin' Up, the other I picked up as a single sheet in my local craft shop but I don't know the brand.  I coloured the image with Promarkers and added some Stardust Stickles to the pom poms.  I die cut the image into a heart shape using an X-cut die then edged it with some spotty organza ribbon which I folded into pleats as I went along.  The box is finished off with some sequin braid along the edge of the lid and some glitter dome stickers.

Thank you for stopping by,
Shona xx



5 comments:

  1. This is just brilliant Shona!! Such a cute image and so perfect for your lucky girly!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. iona will just love this pretty box Shona, great image of a little cheerleader, and beautiful papers, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous Shona, and what a lovely keepsake for Iona

    ReplyDelete