TCBOTB Template

Monday 16 February 2015

Dream Valley Challenges DT Card - Favourite Colour Combo


Hello!

And it's Monday again but no Monday Blues as I didn't have to get up for work today.  The schools are on mid term break so I've taken the time off to spend with Iona.  As I schedule this post I'm not sure what we'll be up to but just nice to spend some extra time together.

Ok so on to the new challenge over at Dream Valley Challenges, our theme this time is 'Favourite Colour Combo' and we would love to see what colours are your faves.  Our sponsor is Di's Digi Downloads.


It was so hard to pick a favourite as there are lots of combos that work well together for different things.  In the end I chose black and pink as I love the contrast between the light and dark and I think it works well for feminine cards.


I've used a Gorjuss image for my card, this one is called 'Little Heart'.  I coloured the image with Promarkers and then fussy cut it.  The papers are from 2 different Docrafts Capsule Collections and I've used a Spellbinders die to cut out the swatches for the patchwork effect.  The sentiment is by Pebbles Inc and I've kept it simple with just a couple of black gems to embellish.

Hope you all have a good week, whatever you have planned and thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at what I've been up to.

Shona xx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:






11 comments:

  1. Love the gorgeous patchwork design background and sweet image. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this time.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card shona. a really beautiful make xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shona, what a lovely card, such a sweet image and brilliant background.
    Enjoy your time off with Iona, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is a striking colour combo and the patchwork effect is a lovely backdrop to your Gorjuss girl :-)

    Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday challenge!

    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sewn on quilt squares! Great color combo, too! Thanks for joining us at Aloha Friday's Favorite Color combo challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Shona - the patchwork effect looks really lovely - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, Shona! One of my fave colour combos too! A really striking design! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card. Loving your colors and layering.. Thanks for joining us over at Kitty Bee Design for this weeks challenge..

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is gorgeous Shona, I like the Black and Pink together, the image is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge, Good Luck. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! I love the image on that wonderful background !

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I love the look of the background, and it's a great color combo too. Thank you for joining the Aloha Friday Challenge.
    -Mari K.
    Kitty Bee Designs DT

    ReplyDelete