TCBOTB Template

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Quick Cheer Bow

Hiya!

Tonight I have something completely different to show you.  As some of you may know my daughter Iona goes to Cheerleading and dancing.  Well, this weekend there is a big 2 day 'Cheer Festival' in our home city.  Iona will be competing in Solo Pom Dance as well as Cheer, Pom, Jazz and Hip Hop teams!  We got her a cute little dress for her solo so I wanted to make her a Cheer Bow to match.  I followed a simple You Tube tutorial I found on Pinterest which you can find here.  The spotty bow is to match her dress the zebra one was a prototype I made a while back.  I used a loom band to cinch in the fabric in the middle but some people use a cable tie pulled tight.  Either way it will be covered by a strip of ribbon when finished off.  I find grosgrain ribbon works best as it is quite stiff and holds it's shape quite well.



Anyway extra practice has been keeping both Iona and I busy this week and we probably won't be around much until next week apart from my scheduled DT post tomorrow.

Bye for now,
Hugs, Shona (and Iona) xx


1 comment:

  1. hi there, these look fab Shona and I'm sure Iona will wear them with pride, hope all goes well with your solo Iona, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete