TCBOTB Template

Monday 6 July 2015

Dream Valley DT Card - Distressing!

Good Morning,

Monday again, I've had a long weekend as I had a day off on Friday so it's taken a little longer to come round than usual just not long enough lol!  The dreaded lurgy is still with me I'm afraid, I thought I was better on Friday and I even managed to go swimming and organise a barbecue but then it all started again at night and I was rudely awakened by a really annoying cough at 5.30 am.  Still, I'm feeling much better than I was and have enjoyed getting on with some crafting.

Ok, back to business...  Today I'm sharing my DT card for Dream Valley Challenges - our theme this fortnight is 'Distressing' so we'd love you to join us, you could be lucky enough to win a prize from our sponsor Robyn's Fetish.


I've used a sponsor image called Farah Fawn.  I've printed out the image several times then coloured each with Promarkers before decoupaging to give the image some depth.  Apologies for my photograph it's made the image look a bit washed out, the light was really bad here yesterday as we had some torrential rain.


For my distressing I roughed up all the edges of my papers and cardstock using the edge of a scissors.  I know you get distressing tools but this technique works fine for me!  I mounted my decoupaged image onto some embossed cardstock for some texture.  The papers are Papermania Capsule Collection and the sentiment is by Personal Impressions.  I've finished off my card with some gingham ribbon and a twine tied button.

Thank you so much for stopping by, hope you have a great week.

Shona xx

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card design colours and image Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shona and sorry to hear that you can't shift your cold, a summer cold always seemst to last for ages, hope you feel tip top soon.
    Now your card is just lovely, your little deer looks like he is sitting in a wood, lovely papers and embellishments, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete