TCBOTB Template

Tuesday 16 February 2016

My 300th Blog Post - A Baby Shower Card

Good morning,

So this is my 300th post!  It seems to have taken me ages to get here.  I go through highs and lows with my crafting - when life takes over (working full time, looking after my family including my 89 year old aunt) sometimes crafting has to take a back seat but by the same token I need it in my life to keep me sane so sometimes it feels like a bit of a rollercoaster ride!  Anyway I'm pleased to be able to share post number 300 with you!

My card today is one I made for a friend and I to give one of our fellow Dance Moms who is expecting a baby girl in the next few weeks.  Now, I've never made a Baby Shower card before in fact I've never even been to one before last weekend as it's a relatively new thing to hit Scotland even though our Stateside friends have been having them for years!  I have to say it was a really fun afternoon, we played games like guess the size of Mum's bump, guess the number of Jelly Babies in the bottle, etc and had a lovely pink themed spread with loads of cupcakes!

I was unsure what to make for the card but I was drawn to this Saturated Canary digi called Ready to Pop!





I've coloured the image with Promarkers and used toning papers from the Recollections Valentine pad matted with kraft card.  I've also used kraft to die cut the sentiment using a Crafter's Companion sentiment die.  The card is finished off with mosaic gems, pearls and some spotty organza ribbon.

That's me for now, here's to my next 300 posts!!!

Hugs,
Shona xx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenge:


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely card Shona...perfect for the baby shower party. You are very skilled with a Kraft knife for sure!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very cute. Perfect for a baby shower. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us. personalisiertes geschenk geburt baby hochzeit

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the intent to provide valuable information and best practices, including an understanding of the regulatory process. online apotheke

    ReplyDelete