TCBOTB Template

Friday 22 February 2013

A New Home

Good Evening fellow crafty peeps!

I finally finished my New Home card tonight, I've been working on it on and off for 3 days!  There really aren't enough hours in the day just now and something has to give, unfortunately it is usually Crafting.

This card is for my Cousin and his partner who have just moved into their first home together.  I couldn't find a stamp or topper I liked to suit the purpose so I had a browse on line and found this digi image on www.birdscards.com I had a notion that I would paper piece it, which I have done in part and part coloured with Promarkers.  I like paper piecing but in reality it is easier with a rubber stamp rather than having to print out multiple copies on different papers (and not as wasteful either).

 
 
 
I think the topper is a little in the style of the Art Deco artist Clarice Cliff, who I am a big fan of.  I've mounted the topper and all the papers, sentiment, etc on kraft card to offset the assortment of colours.  The papers are a mix of freebies and Papermania's Happy Days collection.  The sentiment is by LOTV and has been inked with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink as a change from black ink and to match the kraft card.  I've die-cut leaves using a Marianne die and more kraft card and a flower from the same set of dies.  The cream flowers I've made using ric-rac braid, the red one is by Papermania.  the only other embellies I've used are buttons threaded with paper cord and a couple of red pearls.
 
 
I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out as I spent ages stressing about what to make for this occasion!


2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful Shona and well worth the wait - you've done a fabulous job! Love it - hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Shona, the couple will love it. I just love your design and yes it does have a look of Clarice Cliff about it. Good to see you here again, take care Kate x

    ReplyDelete