TCBOTB Template

Friday 8 March 2013

A Mother's Day Card

Good Evening Crafty Friends,

Sadly I lost my mum when I was in my early teens and Mother's Day is a time when I like to look back on the good times we had together and appreciate the relationship I have with my own daughter.  I've said here before that I look on my Aunt as a second mum and so I have created this card for her.  This is one of the best perks of cardmaking - being able to make bespoke cards.  Try finding any Aunt or Great Aunt cards for Mother's Day - it just isn't possible unless you go to somewhere like Moonpig!

I've mostly gone for elements from the Docrafts Art Deco range as this is a style my Aunt loves and I suppose it is fitting as she was born in the 1920's!



I've made a twisted easel card and used two different foiled papers from the Art Deco A4 paper pack.  Some of the paper and the matching topper I've matted on textured gold card from my stash and I've also added some glossy black self striped card by Bazzil.  The sentiment was created in MS Word using the Alisha font.  I've added a couple of gems and feathers which are also from the Art Deco range and the card is finished off with gold card candi, some ribbon bows and some jade and gold coloured flowers.

I hope my Aunt likes the card and most of all I hope she gets home from hospital soon, and as she is now starting to get back on her feet and walk a little, hopefully that won't be too long!

Thank you so much for any comments you leave for me.

Night night & best wishes,
Shona xx


3 comments:

  1. this is just beautiful Shona and I think your great aunt will love it. Sorry you won't have your own mum with you for mothers day but nobody can ever take those fabulous memories away from you - and you do right to make the most of your day with your daughter! Big hugs! Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Art Deco card Shona, I'm sure your Auntie will treasure it. I hope you get her home soon. great Blog by the way! June.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shona, what a lovely card, I am sure your Aunt will love it.

    Pleased to hear that your Aunt is making such great improvements, and will manage to come home soon, it just all takes time.

    I always find this time difficut and I still look at cards and presents that my mum would have liked, but unlike you I had my mum up until 8 years ago, so I was fortunate. Enjoy your memories of your time together, and your own Mother's Day with Iona, Kate x

    ReplyDelete