TCBOTB Template

Sunday 30 June 2013

Paper Pieced Bird

Hello!

I've been back at those gorgeous My Minds Eye Quite Contrary papers again this evening and have used no less than eight different papers on tonight's card!  I had quite a lot of off-cuts left from my last card I made with them so thought I'd put them to good use.


I have pierced the backing papers with a pokey tool and added faux stitching with a Sakura Micron Archival pen then matted and layered everything on to bright pink card.  I stamped the Papermania  Urban stamp directly on to the green patterned paper background circle then again on three other papers which I then cut out and paper pieced together.  I really love this technique and it's a fab way to use up leftover scraps of paper.  The sentiment topper is also from the same paper stack which came free with a magazine ages ago.  I've used more of the papers to die-cut a butterfly and flower.  I've also added two ribbon flowers.  I've finished off the card with pearls and some gingham ribbon topped with a button.  The dies I've used are as follows - scalloped rectangle and scalloped circle - x-cut, lacey circle - spellbinders, butterfly - magazine freebie.

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Creative Craft Challenges 2 - A Stitch In Time
Cutie Pie Challenge - #47 Paper Piecing
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Clear It Out Challenge - Paper Piecing/Scraps
Heck of a Challenge - Bingo (Ribbon/Die-cuts/Bird)






6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Shona, the bright colours and papers look gorgeous!

    thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Brilliant card, love how you've done the paperpiecing, great papers and image, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fabby shona - wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card Shona and love those papers
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning creations since my last visit Shona, love this one using those scrummy papers! Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little birdie and fabulous colors. Thanks for joining us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete