TCBOTB Template

Monday 12 August 2013

Stripes

Hi folks,

It's another showery day here in the North of Scotland so a day for indoor pursuits including cardmaking yippee!  I've finished two of the cards I was working on and did some die-cutting for another few in the pipeline.  I've also been trying to have a clear out of my ever expanding collection of craft magazines (I can't resist the freebies) so I have masses of crafty ideas swirling round in my head just now lol.

Todays card is very CAS, even by my standards, with only one backing paper! 




The paper is from the Papermania Spots and Stripes Brights capsule collection as is the yellow button.  The circles and star have all been die cut using X-cut dies and the star has also been embossed with dots.  The sentiment was made using plastic letter stickers from Carole's Crafts and the image is from clipart.  A couple of card candi and some paper cord finishes off my card.

Funnily enough my daughter Iona loves this one and would like me to make something similar for her birthday.  And there was me thinking pink and girly with a mermaid or something equally feminine but hey I'm just her mum what do I know!

I wish to enter my card into the following challenges:

The Paper Shelter - #123 Punches & Dies
Sister Act Challenge - #19 Anything Goes
The Crazy challenge - #151 Anything Goes
Penny’s Paper Crafty Challenge - #139 Dry Embossing
Challenges for Everybody - #26 Anything Goes



8 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card, love the colours, image and layout. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab car shona - love those papers - wonderful colours too! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shona, great youngsters card, brilliant design and bright colours.
    Hope you've warmed up now Shona, there is definitely an autumnal feel in the weather, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice...Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge this week... HUGS...SK :)
    SKdigis

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant card for a teenager. Fabulous image and DP. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Thanks for joining TPS challenge! DT Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card and the image too! Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - the embossing on the star really makes it pop.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete