TCBOTB Template

Tuesday 7 January 2014

30th Birthday

Hi folks,


Well I'm back at work now but at least things aren't as stressful as before Christmas.  I'm managing to squeeze in some crafting time most nights.  As I don't have a dedicated craft room, some nights I just don't feel like I have the energy to take out all my card making stash and have to put it away again late on, so I've been doing a little knitting while watching telly or colouring stamped images.  I have even managed a little crochet, which I haven't attempted since I was a teenager!  It was only a wee phone holder but I'm quite chuffed with it!  I will post a photo once I've sewn on the button!


Anyways, tonight's card is one I made for a work colleague's 30th Birthday today.  She isn't keen on floral patterns and particularly not mulberry or paper flowers so I've gone for glitter and stars.  Please excuse the photo, as usual my camera hasn't worked too well with the reflective surfaces!



I've used a silver Dovecraft card blank and silver and amethyst card.  The star dies and embossing folder are by X-cut.  The star edged square die is from Tonic, all other elements except the gems were from a bought embellishment set.

Just as a wee aside I've had an awful lot of problems tonight trying to add my photo to my post.  I've now had to give up on Internet Explorer 11 and opt for Chrome instead.  I don't know if any of you have had similar problems?  Anyway, I'd like to thank Cynthia, a crafty acquaintance, for her help in getting me back in business.

Bye for now,
Shona 





















4 comments:

  1. What a smashing card Shona, so stylish!

    I've had similar issues too with uploading pictures to blogger, chrome seems to do the job fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shona - a gorgeous card - oh to be 30 again! Lol! I had to change to chrome a while ago - its much better though! Thought you might like to know I have candy! hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Shona, pleased to hear you are not so stressed at work and that your finding some crafting time.
    Love your card, the star dies are a fab way to decorated a 30 birthday card, love too the silver and lilac.

    I'm using my new laptop with windows 8, it's quite a pain, I've found I cant add my phot to my blog page, I had to go to my old PC to do my last post. Now I don't know if it's windows or not, I've always been with fire fox.
    Anyway, take care, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem I had Kate, I couldn't upload the photo, although I could type up the blog. It worked on Friday night when I uploaded a photo but apparently changes have been made to IE11 which now make it unsupported by Blogger. It may be that even though you have firefox that IE is set as the default browser on your new laptop. Mind you I'm not the most technically minded even though I work with computers all day every day. thank you for your kind words, Shona xx

      Delete