TCBOTB Template

Thursday 23 January 2014

Gorjuss in Blue

Good evening crafty friends,

It's been way too long.  I haven't had much crafting time since my last post as I had a trip away to Dundee with my daughter's Cheerleading squad.  We left on Friday afternoon and didn't get back until late on Sunday and there was all the prep beforehand and the catching up with chores afterwards!  The team did very well as a whole and the Youth Cheer team that Iona's in got first place on Saturday and a 5th place for their Pom Dance on Sunday.  Spirits were high so there wasn't much sleep happening over the weekend!

Tonight's card has been on the back burner for a while.  I coloured in the image a while ago with these new papers in mind.


The papers are the new Parisienne Blue Capsule Collection from Docrafts.  Blue and white Toile de Jouy style designs have long since been a favourite of mine and I used to have my bedroom decorated with similar patterns so this new collection was a must buy for me!  The Gorjuss stamp was passed on to me by a crafty friend a while back but this is the first time I've used it, it's been coloured with Promarkers.

The postcard stamp is from the new Madame Payraud collection, also by Docrafts and the sentiment is by LOTV.  The circle and scalloped circle dies are by X-cut and the flourish is from Carole's Crafts and the border punch is by Stampin' Up.  I've finished off the card with coloured pearls and a spotty organza ribbon bow.

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:





6 comments:

  1. glad to hear you're keeping busy shona - wonderful card - so very pretty! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and layout. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie challenge cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Shona, for taking the time to share your project in the Anything Goes Challenge [with optional "Winter Blues" theme]. Your coloring of the image is beautiful with your shadows and highlights! I really like your layout and your paper choices and that post card makes for a really interesting element in your design!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Shona, beautifully coloured image and love thos paper and design.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card a beautiful stamp and the colours are just perfect.
    Thank you for joining the Cutie Pies 'January Blues' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete