TCBOTB Template

Monday 9 March 2015

Cutie Pie DT Card - Cute With Fancy Folds


Good Morning!

It's Monday again and today marks the start of a fab new challenge over at the Cutie Pie Challenge blog.  This month our theme is 'Fancy Folds' and we would love to see what you come up with but don't forget you also need to include a cute image too!  Our sponsors this time are Meljen's Designs and Stamp & Create who have some fabulous prizes lined up for our winners.



I've used a super cute image from Meljen's Designs called Get Along Little Doggie which I've coloured with Promarkers.  I've also paper-pieced the bandana and hat band using the same Docrafts Christmas in the Country paper I used as backing.


The fancy fold I have used is a Centre Step Card and I found the measurements and tutorial for it over at Split Coast Stampers.  I've tried one or two different folds over the years but not this one, it was pretty straight forward and quick to make with the aid of my Hougie score board so I'd definitely give it a go again.  I've kept the layout simple and used an EK Success border punch to trim the bottom panel.  Apart from that I've just added a sentiment from Pebbles Inc and some buttons and gems.

Thank you for stopping by, all comments are greatly appreciated.

Hugs, Shona xx

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:








5 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous,I love the dog. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Shona, love the gingham, it goes just perfect with your cute image.

    Have a good Monday, crafty hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yee Haw!! Brilliant card Shona, gorgeous colouring and the buttons are a perfect touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Shona! Love that adorable doggie and great paper! Fabulous paper piecing too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely step card. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper March challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete